Job Offer: Junior Project Manager for DeFi Communications and Analytics
At the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA), we are hiring for a part-time (50%) Junior Project Manager starting in early 2022. As Junior Project Manager, you work on DeFi analytics and condense your findings in articles that will be published. Your responsibilities include managing the overall operations and resources, acting as the main point of communication between the board and operations, and being the public face of the association. The majority of your work will be focused on executing our DeFi strategy for 2022, researching new DeFi protocols and current events as well as focusing our business development and marketing efforts in that direction.
We are looking for candidates who have successfully completed or are close to completion of a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, economics, industrial engineering, business informatics, computer science, mathematics, physics or similar; ideally, you are a young professional and have gained initial experience in blockchain technology, DeFi or crypto assets. You are interested in topics such as technology, entrepreneurship, business models, management consultancy, business development, marketing and have excellent written and spoken German and English skills. You should have a passion for business development, marketing and entrepreneurship and have a high degree of initiative. Experience in leading small teams and in customer relationship management are an advantage, but not required.
Since the position is part-time (20hrs/week), we encourage you to continue your studies or work on an additional project with the remaining time you have. For young professionals, this job is an opportunity to build a strong network in the blockchain industry and begin your career in the field. Through articles, events, partnership management, and panel discussions, you will quickly boost your professional profile and build a network. In addition, you will gain experience in every aspect of business operations and management.
As Junior Project Manager under the leadership of the Executive Board and Executive Directors, you have operational responsibility for the management of the association. Within the limits of the statutes and the existing guidelines, you are responsible and have appropriate authority for the fulfillment of the tasks listed below (included but not limited to):
- Research DeFi protocols and condense your findings in articles.
- Reconcile smart contracts of DeFi protocols with ITSA’s approaches to identification and categorization of tokens.
- Participation in all meetings and comprehensive briefing of the Board of Directors on current developments in all business areas.
- Management and coordination of all projects, programs, and main activities, including staff management.
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with other organizations (both public and private).
- Planning and recommendation of the annual budget.
- Planning and execution of the annual general assembly.
- Planning and implementation of membership recruitment and retention programs.
- Evaluating results, recommending policies, procedures, and measures to achieve membership goals.
- Planning and communicating all important information to the membership base, including newsletters, general mailings, press releases, research reports, publications, etc.
Please send your complete application documents (please in a single PDF file; file size less than 5 MB) by email to ITSA’s chairman Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, email@example.com. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the advertised position. We look forward to receiving your application.
The International Token Standardization Association (ITSA) e.V.
The International Token Standardization Association (ITSA) e.V. is a not-for-profit association of German law that aims at promoting the development and implementation of comprehensive market standards for the identification, classification, and analysis of DLT- and blockchain-based cryptographic tokens. As an independent industry membership body, ITSA unites over 100 international associated founding members from various interest groups. In order to increase transparency and safety on global token markets, ITSA currently develops and implements the International Token Identification Number (ITIN) as a market standard for the identification of cryptographic tokens, the International Token Classification (ITC) as a standard framework for the classification of cryptographic tokens according to their inherent characteristics. ITSA then adds the identified and classified token to the world’s largest register for tokens in our Tokenbase.
- The International Token Identification Number (ITIN) is a 9-digit alphanumeric technical identifier for both fungible and non-fungible DLT-based tokens. Thanks to its underlying Uniform Token Locator (UTL), ITIN presents a unique and fork-resilient identification of tokens. The ITIN also allows for the connecting and matching of other media and data to the token, such as legal contracts or price data, and increases safety and operational transparency when handling these tokens.
- The International Token Classification (ITC) is a multi-dimensional, expandable framework for the classification of tokens. Current dimensions include technological, economic, legal, and regulatory dimensions with multiple sub-dimensions. By mid-2021, there will be at least two new dimensions added, including a tax dimension. So far, our classification framework has been applied to 99% of the token market according to market capitalization of classified tokens.
- ITSA’s Tokenbase currently holds data on over 4000 tokens. Tokenbase is a holistic database for the analysis of tokens and combines our identification and classification data with market and blockchain data from external providers. Third-party data of several partners is already integrated, and API access is also in development.