Job Offer: Executive Director at the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA) from 2022
At the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA), we are hiring for an Executive Director starting in 2022. As Executive Director, your primary responsibilities include managing the overall operations and resources, acting as the main point of communication between the board and operations and being the public face of the association. The majority of your work will be focused on executing our DeFi strategy for 2022.
We are looking for candidates who have successfully completed a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business administration, economics, industrial engineering, business informatics, computer science, mathematics, physics or similar; ideally, you have gained initial experience in blockchain technology or cryptocurrencies. You are interested in topics such as technology, entrepreneurship, business models, management consultancy, business development, marketing and have excellent written and spoken German and English skills. You have marketing experience and a passion for DeFi then you may be a perfect fit! Experience in leading small teams and in customer relationship management are an advantage.
As executive director under the leadership of the chairman and the board of directors, you have the operational responsibility for the management of the association. Within the limits of the statutes and the existing guidelines, you are responsible and have appropriate authority for the fulfilment of the tasks listed below (included but not limited to):
- Research and communicate trends in the field of security tokens and DeFi
- Pursue successful partnerships across DeFi protocols and smart contract platforms
- Participation in all meetings and comprehensive briefing of the Board of Directors on current developments in all business areas
- Management and coordination of all projects, programmes and main activities, including staff management
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with other organisations (both public and private)
- Planning and recommendation of the annual budget
- Planning and execution of the annual general assembly
- Planning and implementation of membership recruitment and retention programmes. Evaluating results, recommending policies, procedures and measures to achieve membership goals.
- Planning and communicating all important information to the membership base, including newsletters, general mailings, press releases, research reports, publications, etc.
Please send your complete application documents (please in a single PDF file; file size less than 5 MB) by email to ITSA’s chairman Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, email@example.com. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the advertised position. We look forward to your application.
What are we doing at the International Token Standardization Association (ITSA)?
ITSA is a non-profit organization and special interest group aiming at the development and implementation of comprehensive market standards for the identification, classification and analysis of cryptographic tokens. As first building blocks ITSA is developing the following three projects:
- International Token Identification Number (ITIN): a unique identifier similar to the International Securities Identification Number (ISIN) for all types of cryptographic tokens that enhances transparency and operational handling.
- International Token Classification (ITC): a framework for classifying cryptographic tokens according to various dimensions (economic, technological, legal, etc.), which is already applied to the top +1000 tokens.
- International Token Database (TOKENBASE): a large-scale analytical database covering the top +1000 tokens with qualitative classification data from the ITC and quantitative market data (e.g. daily prices, market capitalization, trading volumes, etc.) provided by DIA.
So far various reputable organizations have already committed to join ITSA as associated founding members, reaching from corporates (e.g. Solarisbank, Bank Frick, MME) over associations (e.g. Bundesverband deutscher Banken), startups (e.g. Cashlink, CryptoTax, and Ambrosus) and universities (e.g. Frankfurt School of Finance and Management, University of Mainz, TU Munich or UCL Centre for Blockchain Technologies in London) to private members (one of the co-creators of the ERC20 standard).
About ITSA e.V.
ITSA e.V. is a non-profit organization headquartered in Berlin primarily focusing on the standardization of tokens and crypto-assets. In addition to the development of unique identifiers, an international classification framework, and a token data register (Tokenbase), the center offers a platform for the exchange of knowledge and thought for decision-makers and startups as well as technology and industry experts. ITSA e.V. sets new research impulses for students and organizes educational round tables for executives in the field of tokenization.